Friday 10 August 2012

Under The Influence: Dave Grohl (Again)



 


 If it weren't for The Beatles, I would not be a musician, From a very young age I became fascinated with their songs, and over the years have drowned myself in the depth of their catalogue. Their groove and their swagger. Their grace and their beauty. Their dark and their light. The Beatles seemed to be capable of anything. 

 Recently I showed my 6-year-old daughter, Violet, the brilliant 'Yellow Submarine' movie. It was her introduction to The Beatles, and she instantly shared the same fascination I felt when I was her age discovering The Beatles for the first time. From one generation to the next, The Beatles will remain the most important rock band of all time. Just ask Violet. 

 From the liner notes of the Beatles Tomorrow Never Knows compilation



No comments:

Post a Comment