Thursday 27 May 2010

What Mark Altrogge Saw


The twittersphere has gone nuts with the two part interview I did with Mark Altrogge. I've had more visits in the last few days than I have in the entire life of the blog so far! If you're a first time visitor (and let's be honest, that's most of you) and you've enjoyed these posts why not subscribe by email or RSS and join me as I ransack Lennon & McCartney's back catalogue for songwriting ideas and Be-atletudes on a regular basis?
If you're into songwriting, why not learn from the best? (And that'll be Lennon & McCartney not me!).

Anyway...

I thought it might be interesting to put together the clips that made such a long lasting (46 years and counting!) impression on Mark.

Mark Altrogge: I first saw the Beatles for about 30 seconds on a show called The Jack Paar Show...



...then a couple months later in February 1964, I watched their debut on the Ed Sullivan Show.



...It was electrifying - like watching fireworks for the first time - I'd never seen or heard anything like them. As soon as I saw them, I wanted to be like them, performing to throngs of screaming girls who'd chase me down the street like they chased the Beatles in the movie A Hard Day's Night.



I loved to hear from any of you who had a similar life changing evening on Feb 9th, 1964. (Or any other date!).


You might like this post: Blessed are the Co-writers

No comments:

Post a Comment